|Masterchef Australia Season 8 Dessert Queen, Karmen Lu|
I love desserts a lot especially when it's a chocolaty one. And speaking about that, a few weeks back, we had a chance to witness the dessert queen from Masterchef Australia Season 8, Karmen Lu, baking an innovative double layer chocolate brownie cake topped with a whole layer of chocolate mousse. Doesn't that sound like heaven ?
Well, it might sound a little complicated but was actually quite easy to make and incredibly tasty - a perfect combination. So I thought of sharing Karmen Lu's Chocolate Mousse Cake recipe with you guys and you can give it a go with this chocolaty treat. Right, let's get going...
Masterchef Australia Season 8
Karmen Lu's Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
|Karmen's Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe|
|Karmen's Chocolate Mousse Cake How-To|
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave.
3. Whisk together sugar and eggs until combined.
4. Sift together almond meal, baking powder and cocoa powder.
5. Add flour mixture to the egg mixture and fold to combine. Stir in the chocolate mixture.
6. Pour into a 25cm x 25cm lined baking tin and bake until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, whip cream to soft peaks.
3. Fold the chocolate mixture and orange zest through the cream until combined.
4. Spoon mousse over brownie and refrigerate until set.
Garnish the mousse cake with roasted almonds and orange segments. Serve with ice cream of your choice on the side.
|Karmen's Chocolate Mousse Cake|