|Kuala Lumpur Big Kitchen 2015 : Top chefs invited to grace the event|
People like me, live to eat. Food hunting becomes a hobby and food tasting is an excitement. I found the perfect place to spend my weekend. Dataran Merdeka transformed into a huge cauldron on the 29th-31st May 2015. The historical field became a haven for foodies with 200 types of food prepared by over 100 vendors.
Kuala Lumpur Big Kitchen 2015
A Haven for Foodies
The largest food festival in Malaysia was proudly presented by Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) in partnership with Ministry of Tourism and Culture. This is an important milestone for Kuala Lumpur as the KL Big Kitchen was the very first large-scale food festival to showcase Malaysia’s culinary variety. The significant event was officiated by Seri Paduka Baginda Raja Permaisurin Agong, Tuanku Sultanah Hajjah Haminah herself.
I followed the sound of cutleries clanking to the marquee. Other than the abundance of food, celebrity local and international chefs also made their presence felt during the opening ceremony. Specialty food from various race and states were presented. There were 8 interesting zones at the fair.
- The Negeri Zone sells specialty cuisine from different states.
- The Warung Zone showcased the country’s best street food fare
- The Manisan Zone served sugary delights
- The Food Trucks Zone allowed mobile eateries to present their food
- The Warisan Zone demonstrated age-old recipes
- The Samplings Zone offered samplings from 5-star restaurants
- The Dulang Zone served a communal eating area
- The Mayor’s Courtyard offers gourmet dining experience with top chefs
All the food showcased was halal. And here are some of the photos during the Kuala Lumpur Big Kitchen 2015 :-
|Kuala Lumpur Big Kitchen 2015 : Have you eaten? You will not get hungry here.|
|Kuala Lumpur Big Kitchen 2015 : Stalls from Warung Zone|
The Big Kitchen should be an annual event. It not only promotes our rich selection of food but also captivates tourists from all over the world especially when it is held opposite the classic Bangunan Sultan Ismail.
So, foodies look out for the event next year, Kuala Lumpur Big Kitchen 2016 !
For more information, kindly visit:
Kuala Lumpur Big KitchenWebsite: www.klbigkitchen.com